Apollo T-80 Charge Controller Report

I received my new T80 Firmware on Monday 5/12.  I used the supplied programmer and SD memory card to reprogram my T80 to the latest revision. Everything seemed to go fine, I followed the instructions exactly but when I was told to turn on the PV breaker the T80 failed to come back alive. I called Apollo Solar and they immediately shipped out a replacement which came in Friday 5/16.  I installed it this morning and fired it up.  Today was in the mid 80’s, overcast with dancing full sun bursts all day.  All I can say is wow, whatever changes Apollo Solar made to the MPPT algorithms made a HUGH improvment in power harvesting for my setup.  The most I have recorded is around 16Kwh on a cool day in the 70’s. Today I harvested 24.8Kwh on the T80, a record so far. The Apollo Solar T80 MPPT charge controller is in my opinion the best controller on the market.  I’m looking forward to more testing tomorrow, hopfully more sun than today.

     

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: